Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Magazine in a day - TRASHION!

For the photo I used on cover I edited the contrast and I added a light filter. For the title, 'TRASHION!', I used two fonts: Arual and Dolce Vita Light. I duplicated the layout three times and I repositioned to create a dynamic view upon the title. For the title I used Cyan and Magenta. I put the main three articles in the left on the cover in order to highlight the subject of the magazine. Magenta, Cyan and Yellow are the colours used for the articles and I used Arual font. I combined the two fonts because they are very similar, using Illustrator. I redesigned the letters into a type which I like more and I would see it as a front cover type. The whole concept was to create a new dynamic, modern look to preserved the fashion and teen spirit.



I created the layout design for content to fit for the main subject. The font and colours are the same as in the title, yet I created a symmetry. I created the ribbons to insert the number of the pages and to write the topic of them. I kept the ribbons for design on the entire magazine. I do believe that these create a youth fashionable look, especially for my target audience. 





I used this photo to introduce the article and I kept the ribbon to show the title. The font used on the text is Helvetica Neue LT STD Thin to enhance the visibility for the reader.







To introduce the article I added the title on a ribbon. I used two grids in order to make the article easily to follow. I inserted the picture into the main text to break the text's line.


The next part of the magazine is highly connected with the previous pages. I kept the layout but I inserted the illustration to introduce the article. From my point of view, the illustration can be a clue about the text's subject, yet it can make the reader curious. 

For this article I kept the concept of the previous pages, but I changed the colour of the title, thus making the magazine more interactive and to fit for my target audience. I used two columns and the font and size are the same.





To create a dynamic look for the magazine I put the final part of the previous article on other part. I inserted two pictures in order to theory up the text. For the next article 'how to Shorts' I used different alignments but I kept the main concept.


For the final part I used the same type of ribbon as the one from the first article to create symmetry.  I broke the grids with some helpful images, following the written tips and demonstrating them through images.

No comments:

Post a Comment